A few weeks ago Bob Lefsetz posted a letter (his style) about Spotify. In it he lists the reasons Spotify is the future of music.
There's plenty of times I disagree with Lefestz but I concur with nearly this entire list of reasons regarding the future of streaming music. Here's his bullet points but to understand the statements you'll need to read the letter, Spotify Rules.
1. You will delete your MP3s.
2. Plays will be the metric.
3. Media will promote spins.
4. Payouts will be high.
5. It'll be mobile.
6. Discovery will be in the Spotify app.
7. Pandora survives.
8. iHeart Radio stalls.
9. Passive listening.
10. You will share Spotify playlists.
11. Sound quality will improve.
12. Data charges are irrelevant.
13. It's not about Spotify.
14. Exit strategy.
15. Bottom Line.